HOPE TECHNOLOGY HB.160 BIKE
Hope Technology is a leading manufacturer of almost every part of a bicycle including hubs, brakes, headset, stems, bottom brackets and lights, all except a full bike until 2018 when Hope revealed their first, long-awaited, bike – the HB.160. Hand built in Barnoldswick, UK, this 160mm all Mountain/Trial/Enduro style bike is hand crafted using SHD’s VTC401 carbon fibre prepreg. VTC401 is a versatile resin system that offers quick cure cycle using Hope’s press curing techniques. A combination of fabric reinforcements, including 1K and 3K material but also UD prepreg, has been used to manufacture the HB.160.
“We created this bike to be able to tackle the type of riding we love – technical Switchbacks of Lakeland epics, muddy steeps of the Tweed Valley or the slatey single tracks of Coed-y-Brenin, our bike can tackle them all. It will even thrive on that week in the Alps you’ve been planning for years but never got around to doing.” Hope Technology.
The HB.160 design & manufacture process incorporates the following key features:
- Hand laid carbon fibre monocoque front triangle
- Inspired geometry designed for UK riding
- Unique bonded rear triangle
- Hope specific 130 hub spacing utilising a 17mm thru axle
- Radial mounting rear brake
- Seven anodised colour options
- Full protection pack to cover areas prone to wear
- Custom tuned rear shock to get the best from the linkage design
- Lifetime warranty on frameset and frame bearings
- Custom HB.160 Etching on hubs and top caps
- Weight: 31lbs/14kgs (Large)
Watch the behind the scenes video of the bike: