In this role, you will be selling the products and services that our customers have grown to rely on and you will therefore need an in-depth understanding of prepregs and advanced composites technology. The successful candidate will most likely have extensive experience in export field sales, strong relationships building skills and a proven ability to work effectively and efficiently with local distributors. Experience in a similar management role would be a distinct advantage.
- Maintain & grow sales of company products across an established customer and distributor base, mainly located in Western Europe, Scandinavia and a number of APAC countries.
- Build strong relationships with existing customers and distributors, visiting local markets to support as and when required to be most effective.
- Create new business and distribution channels for new territories
- Develop solid and sustainable regional growth plans, preparing annual budgets and providing regular updates against future forecasts
- Coordinate business development activities with other SHD Regional Sales and Market Development Managers.
- Attend trade conferences and exhibitions
- Prepare quotations and offer technical advice (with support of SHD Technical Service Department as necessary)
- Prepare detailed visit reports and communicate clearly on behalf of SHD customers
- Liaise effectively with all 3 of SHD’s manufacturing sites, working with all functions as necessary
- Work in accordance with the Company Quality and Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- To undertake and other duties from time to time as can be reasonable requested
Skills and Ability
- In-depth knowledge of prepreg and advanced composite materials and processes, with an understanding of different industry perspectives.
- Proven record of delivering sales growth, with strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Significant export sales experience in the targeted territories, ideally in a management role working alongside local distributors
- Clear and efficient communicator, capable of working across company sites and functions
- Self-starter and ambitious for further growth.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure juggling many active customer enquiries, while still remaining focused on the most important longer term aims.
A full job description is available on request.
Previous applicants need not apply.